January 2, 2016

Christmas



I got a late start decorating the house for Christmas, and though I usually have the house decorated right after Day of the Dead, this year I ran behind big time, it may have been the warm weather leading up to the holidays( we had like 70 degree weather on Christmas day) or the fact I was finishing up a film project that was taking up all of my free time for months, finished a Taekwondo competition, and started horseback riding. So the holidays crept up on me and though it is out of the norm for me, I was behind decorating for the holidays and shopping for the holidays.


While the weather was warm and sunny, I made hot cocoa with marshmallows in these adorable vintage inspired reindeer mugs from Pottery Barn, to get me in the holiday spirit.


I was gifted this beautiful red cardinal from my mom who knows how much I love this little bird and now it sits on top of my bird and woodland inspired tree, which is filled with little red cardinals.


I found these cute gray deer ornaments at Target and had to grab a few. I missed out on the huge gray deers they had which would have been perfect for the fireplace mantle. Which reminds me, have you gone to Target lately? Because all Christmas decorations are like 80% off. I've been eyeing a silver advent calendar for month, and they had the gold one available for only $10, I had to grab it, but I haven't made my mind up about it yet because most of my decor at home is nickle or silver finish. 


I also received a little vintage elf from Japan from Yanni, who knew I found it adorable when I first spotted it in a local vintage shop. It looks like an original Elf on the Shelf, but this one is definitely cuter.


I spent the holidays and New Years with my family. It was so wonderful to spend uninterrupted time with them. I definitely over indulged in sweet treats, and I received some thoughtful and meaningful gifts that I will treasure for the rest of my life. The holidays are meant for a time to spend with family and/or friends. And when I look back at the holidays it is not the gift giving that I remember, the memories I hold and cherish is the time I spend with my family, the laughs we share, the smiles I see on their faces. These are the moments I treasure the most and everything else is just an icing on the cake. I hope you all have a lovely holiday and I want to wish you a very Happy New Year!


No comments :