February 11, 2016

Valentine Peanut Butter Chocolate Heart Cookies


One of my favorite types of cookies are peanut butter blossoms, but I only make them around the holidays, but when I saw these cute heart shaped chocolates I thought these would bring my peanut butter blossoms into a Valentine treat. 

What you need to make these cookies:

Bag of Hershey's Valentine Heart Shaped Chocolates (I got mine from the market, but found these here)
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup Peanut Butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling


 Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.


2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.


3. Shape dough into about 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar (optional) place on cookie sheet. I like to put parchment down on my cookie sheet.



4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.


This makes about 25-30 cookies (depending on the size of peanut butter balls you make). These came out so soft, chewy and the chocolate in the middle was so smooth and soft. It was heavenly. Perfect treat to put in a pretty box and wrap a large bow, or for you to indulge in.

1 comment :

Sam said...

These look so cute and look yummy too!! I missed this for valentine's, but my boyfriends birthday is coming up and he likes white chocolate, so I am going to make half white chocolate and half chocolate. now I just need to find white chocolate herts.. lol